Read Academy offer Careers, Education, Information and Advice Guidance (CEIAG) to all students in Years 8 to 11. This service is a personalised support tailored to students’ needs and abilities. The advice is independent, impartial, and always in the best interests of the student.
Careers guidance activities include:
- Listening to students’ initial ideas, qualifications, skills, experiences, circumstances and life aims;
- Helping students to identify and explore suitable options and to consider the career implications of subject and course choice that are in their best interests;
- Challenging pre-existing assumptions about what they are capable of;
- Demystifying learning and labour market systems and helping students understand progression pathways;
- Developing practical strategies on how to achieve their goals, including pointing students to information sources of most use to them;
- Building students’ persistence, motivation and confidence and helping them to see how they could overcome any barriers preventing them from moving forwards;
- Referring students to other agencies that can support them.
These take place via 1:1 appointments, group sessions and student drop ins and career events. Year 7 also have the opportunity in assemblies and citizenship. An action plan is written by the careers advisor with each student and these are shared with parents and tutors.
If you would like to make an appointment for your son/daughter or ask any questions about careers you can email email@example.com or fill in the contact form below and make an appointment.